Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some interesting news

04-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Some interesting news
From this blog post. This is probably already translated on PSOW or something (or will be soon) but now you have it here too :V

1. There are two tiers of mags in the CB, and mags can be raised to level 99. Mags undergo their first evolution at level 50 (at which point they learn a photon blast). Mags now have a stat called energy, which represents how hungry your mag is. If it gets to zero, its abilities are weakened in some way. In addition to PBs, mags have two kinds of abilities: auto actions (attacks) and trigger actions (like healing when you're at low HP). You can give your mag devices to add or overwrite trigger actions. Apparently you need to get a "mag license" from a client order before being able to use a mag.

2. There will be four different kinds of photon blasts in the CB. However, even if two mags have the same type of photon blast, they may have different effects or act differently. Also, you can chain photon blasts. I wonder if you can go up to 12? =O

3. CB will also add "urgent quests", which happen once a day at a random time. The quest is only accessible for an hour and players are notified 15 minutes before it starts via a global message. You're timed on the completion of the quest, but it's easier to PSE and you're more likely to get rare interrupt events.

4. Kind of a minor thing, but the city field is actually inside one of the domes on an Arks ship, not on a planet like the forest and cave areas.
04-12-2012, 10:23 PM
RE: Some interesting news
More interesting news!

CβT has been announced to run from April 19th, 2012 through to April 28th, 2012, barring any unannounced technical problems of course. That's only 1 Week from today.

Even though they are still accepting CβT applications, the first wave of acceptance E-Mails have already been sent out. If you are amongst the lucky few that already got accepted, you can log into the CβT site here: http://pso2.jp/cbt/
If you didn't get accepted yet, don't fret. The following waves of acceptance E-Mails have yet to be sent. There is still a chance that you may get into this CβT.

FUN POINTS!.......lets not talk about those.

[Image: ring_red-s.gif] PHANTASY STAR ONLINE
It is meaningless to remain unchanged in an everchanging world
Discover your future and free yourself from an endless cycle
Let the four winds help you create your own destiny
04-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Sounds like something i cant do anyways :l always had bad luck with beta stuff

[Image: tumblr_m14xvyb7dx1rpm29co1_500.gif]
I am in yer walletz stealin your dollarz =O
04-14-2012, 05:49 AM
While I'm looking forward to the beta, I'm not looking forward to the character slot limitations, although changing classes pretty much can make one character useful: I'm just disappointed that I'll have to either spend the free Beta Arkz cash or when I'm actually in-game I'll need multiple accounts.
04-14-2012, 12:35 PM
You can probably make one free character on each ship, though of course there are playability issues with that. But yeah, since it's F2P multiple accounts is pretty easy. I'm wondering how much they're gonna charge for this stuff.
04-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Remember that you can swap classes on a character and that you downlevel automatically depending on class, making it pretty much three characters in one ala FFXI