Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Translated: Pre Open-Beta Updates

06-08-2012, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 12:05 AM by Duchess. Edit Reason: )
Star Translated: Pre Open-Beta Updates
Good evening,

It is amusing how this post ended up here instead of PSO-World.

Strange how things can turn out.

I'm not a big fan of introduction posts so I won't be making one .

I can explain how I got here, though.

See, originally I found the IRC link to the Seraphimlabs.net IRC on the PSOWorld forums.

Due to PSOWorld's registration not working, I couldn't sign up. I wanted to give those folks some free translations since I knew there would be updates today - and also because there was a ton of misinformation flying about that I thought I'd clear up.

Since PSOW's registration was *dead*, I went to IRC looking for a Mod who could help. I then ran into stheno, who directed me to Cisce. Cisce attempted to manually register an account for me on the forums (these forums) and then told me to try it.

Needless to say, I was attempting to sign into PSOWorld the whole time - so of course it didn't work. A while later we eventually sorted out the problem, to much lulz. True story.

ANYWAY, here's the translation and the foreword.

EDITED, VERSION 1.01: Some typos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foreword
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I go by a variety of names, but colleagues call me Duchess, so I suppose that'll be my PSO2 handle. I'm not a patch translator or the owner of any PSO fansite.

I'm just someone who happens to be able to read Japanese, English, and Chinese, so I translate on my own free will and time. I also draw and write - I'm what some people would call a freelance professional.

I sometimes work for free - and sometimes don't work at all.

Granted, bumped.org probably has translations up, but Sakai's blog post is MASSIVE. They may not translate certain parts of the post because they are not as important, but I'll translate everything.

Because I'm bored.

And also because I like translation.

It's relaxing.

Since Cisce has kindly told me where this community will be going, I will be joining them on that block, although I tend to wander around on my own most of the time.

If you see me in-game, however, I wouldn't mind you saying hi.

With that out of the way, here is the main bulk of Sakai's magical blog post, which can be found HERE:

http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11272017575.html

TRANSLATION START: 1930

As mentioned in the previous week's update, this week, we will be talking about the Pre-open Beta schedule, the AC cash shop, and the hangame service (Japanese MMO provider of sorts I think) news.

Firstly, Let's talk about the Pre-open schedule.

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/notice/20120608/

PRE-OPEN BETA SCHEDULE

The pre-open Beta will occur over a period of two days.

The dates are as follows:

PRE-OPEN BETA DAY 1: 15TH OF JUNE, 2012

JAPAN STANDARD 1900 ~ 2400

US, EAST COAST 0600 ~ 1100

US PACIFIC 0300 ~ 0800

PRE-OPEN BETA DAY 2: 16TH OF JUNE, 2012

JAPAN STANDARD 1900 ~ 2400

US, EAST COAST 0600 ~ 1100

US PACIFIC 0300 ~ 0800

Changes may be made to the schedule as required. Players will be kept up to date on any changes via the main site.

Unfortunately, your data will be wiped after these two days.

This Pre-open beta exists because of connection problems faced in the Closed beta. Its main purpose is to function as a stress test, and mainly to see how many simultaneous connections the server can handle.

This is why the playtime is this limited - we had to squeeze as much of the playerbase in this timeframe so as to obtain results for the test.

We are sorry for any inconvenienced caused.

We also apologize if any players cannot make it to the POBT during these timeframes - please wait for the open beta.

We are looking out for the following problems in this open beta:

- Any unforeseen/ unexpected communication problems
- How many simultaneous connections the servers can take before dropping (if they do drop)
- If mass disconnections will occur
- If other network problems occur

When the problems that arose in closed beta are resolved in this Pre-open beta test, we will officially move into the Open Beta, which will happen within a week of the last Pre-open day.

IE, The possible dates for the OBT range from the:

17th of June, 2012 to the 23rd of June, 2012

In addition, to show our appreciation to all our players, we will be presenting them with a gift.

Players participating in the pre-open beta will be able to access the POBT-only mission, "Desert Mission". If this mission is cleared, players will be gifted with the item code for the "Bouquet Rifle" in the Open Beta.

Note: The Bouquet Rifle can be equipped by all classes. However, Photon arts linked to it may only be used by rangers.

Duchess Note: Why is there no Bouquet Launcher?! I will SUE!

ABOUT THE PRE-OPEN BETA TEST VERSION

The Pre-Open Beta version of Phantasy Star Online 2 is the final tweak to be done before the actual release and Beta, having undergone changes since Closed Beta.

However, due to the short playtime available, we have made adjustments to the new field, "Desert", and made it accessible from level 1. We have also added the POBT-only "Desert Mission" (yes they ARE repeating themselves, I am merely translating it).

Note: Players will be able to participate in this mission from level 1. However, players will be unable to do this in the Open Beta, so remember to grab your rifles during the POBT.

Duchess Note: Hold on to your horses, folks. This next one is LONG. SO. MUCH. SUFFERING.

SUBSECTION: CHANGES FROM CLOSED BETA

AC SERVICE

The POBT will be equipped with the same functions as the Release Version (henceforth referred to as RV).

As such, AC cash items in the shop lineup will reflect RV prices.

During POBT and Open Beta (henceforth referred to as OBT), players will be unable to charge their AC shop account, and hence are unable to use the AC shop contents.

However, during POBT and OBT, all My Room and My Shop functions will be free-to-use as a gesture of goodwill.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- The Scratch/ Gacha completion function has been removed. The Rappy Costume that was available as the Gacha Reward will be available as an item in AC Gold Scratch/Gacha.

- The colour changer item, available at the recycle shop, has now been changed from "Various Costumes and parts" to "One Rappy Suit".

Duchess Note: I have no idea what this means. If this "Colour Changer" was available for exchange with a variety of costumes and parts at this "Recycle Shop", they probably mean to say that the item used now are Rappy Suits. Some contextual help here, anyone?

FUN FUNCTIONS

The POBT will be equipped with the same FUN functions as the RV.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- During the time in which the Premium Set ticket is active, players get more FUN points upon consecutive logins.

Duchess Note: Ha-ha, buy our stuff!

CHARACTER CREATION

The POBT will be equipped with the same Character Creation options as the RV.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- Players can now change the below-mentioned categories WITHOUT AC shop points (With mes?):

EYE SELECTION

EYE COLOUR

EYEBROW SELECTION

EYEBROW COLOUR SELECTION

EYELASH SELECTION

MAKEUP PATTERN 1

MAKEUP PATTERN 2

CLASS

Players will be able to choose between Hunter, Ranger, Force in POBT, just like RV.

In the POBT and OBT, players will be able to raise their characters to a maximum of LEVEL 30.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- All talent/skill trees have been revamped.

Duchess Note: All Retribution Paladins will now press buttons less often. This is working as intended.

BATTLE SYSTEM

The POBT will be equipped with the same battle system as the RV.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- Planet Lilipha will now have combination "Machine-type" enemies, and new "Darker" enemies have been added.

- Many enemies have had their elemental weaknesses added, or changed.

MAG SYSTEM

The POBT will have the same Mag System as the RV.

However, Mags can only be raised to a maximum of Level 99 in POBT and OBT.

Note: They evolve to their Stage 3 forms at Level 100.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- The Client Order to obtain one's Mag License has been lowered from Level 10 to Level 5.

- The difficulty of the Order in question has also been reduced, making it easier for players to receive their first Mag.

Duchess Note: Considering that any others are bought. You know. With REAL MONEY.

- Second-Stage evolution has had its level reduced from 50 to 30.

- Food-type devices have had their level increments reduced.

QUEST SYSTEM

The POBT has all quests the RV would have on release.

In addition to "Forest", "Volcanic Cave", and "City", a new field "Desert" will be added, with "Snow Field" in the works.

A variety of quests are available to be undertaken in these areas.

During the POBT, a special mission is available (see above) in the "Desert" field. Completion of this mission on POBT grants the item code for the Bouquet Rifle, usable by all classes, during OBT.

Again, we wish to stress that OBT data carries over into RV.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- All quests have been updated - Characters of class level 20 and above will have quest difficulty adjusted.

- To access this difficulty adjustment (HAHA ATTUNEMENT), players must undertake a special Client Order.

- PSE occurences, enemy levels and time limit have been adjusted in the emergency "Urban Retrieval" mission.

- Emergency Trial Codes and Types have been updated.

STORY PROGRESS

The POBT will be equipped with the same Story elements as the RV.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- A second page is available at the Matter Board.

- Upon completing the Matter Board quest, players are able to view quest results at the Camp Ship, and not only when they return to the lobby.

- The tempo of Matter Board scenes has been increased. (Sped up?)

- The initial position of the Matter Board cursor and cursor movement speed has been adjusted.

- Even if the requirements for Random events have been met, they will not take priority over story events.

CLIENT ORDER

The POBT is equipped with the same Client Orders at the RV. Honestly I'm getting a little sick of saying this.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- Even if the Matter board has not progressed, it has become possible to accept Client Orders. (OH NO ATTUNEMENT!)

- When new Client Orders occur, a notice will be sent to the player, inclusive of where the character who is giving out the order is.

LOBBY

The POBT is equipped with the same Lobby as the RV. What, you were expecting a *different* lobby?

CHANGES FROM CBT

- The Item lab and various other shops have been moved from 2F to 1F for ease of access.

- Hard-to-Find characters have been relocated to make them easier to find.

- To reduce server strain and lag, chairs and sitting areas have been greatly reduced.

Duchess Note: Seriously? Chairs? What? I don't even

COMMUNICATION

The POBT is equipped with the same Communication functions as the RV. Yay.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- Symbol Art created from the CBT can be used again in the POBT, assuming they are still stored in the players' PC.

- However, this Symbol Art will not carry on from POBT to OBT, so please do not spend all 10 hours of your POBT making them.

- IN ADDITION, CBT Symbol Art CAN be imported into OBT, so please do not panic. In short: POBT Symbol Art does not stay. You may cry now.

- Symbol Art can now be named and shown in public to other players.

- Symbol Art history has now been increased from 10 to 1,000.

- Chat volume has been adjusted, and font made clearer for better readability.

- Whisper chat is now sent to the player via a separate interface/ window. (Unclear as of now)

MY ROOM AND MY SHOP FUNCTIONS

The POBT is equipped with the same MY ROOM and MY SHOP functions in OBT. It's even free. Yay. Now sell me all your launchers for cheap.

Unlike Phantasy Star Universe (which made me kill De_Ragan at least 200 times), My Room and My Shop exist as different functionalities.

In Phantasy Star Online 2, all characters that are made in the same ship share one room.

Duchess Note: Personally I dislike this, all characters should have their own rooms, we PAY for the stuff! But meh.

ITEM LAB AND TEKKER SHOP

POBT is equipped with the same Item Lab and Tekker Shop as RV. They are also now located on the first floor because you people hated escalators.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- 7 Star and above weapons now drop as ??? special weapons, which require identification.

- The meseta cost for using certain functions has been reduced.

ITEM CODE FUNCTIONS

POBT is equipped with the same Item Code functionalities as OBT. Not that most of us have any codes to use.

Item Codes can be used via the in-game Visiphones.

Codes granted from a variety of campaigns can be inputted into the console, after which the item will be granted to the player.

Item Codes are one time use (probably Once per test, or phase) only, so please be aware of this. Once used, Codes cannot be used on another ship or SEGA ID.

However, as all data is reset after POBT, these codes can be used again in OBT.

GAME BALANCE, LEVEL DESIGN

The game balance and level design in POBT has been tweaked to reflect what we would likely see in release.

This will be adjusted again in RV if the need arises.

Duchess Note: NO! LAUNCHER DAMAGE! NOOOOOOOOOOOO

USER INTERFACE

The POBT is equipped with the same User Interface as the RV. Isn't that nice.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- The Radar MAP on the HUD has been retained. It will not be removed.

- Gamepad settings have been adjusted to be more user-friendly.

- Keys that can be bound to the Scroll wheel have increased from 4 to 30. Yay wheels.

- The time left on Boost items buffs have been added as a notification.

- When players have reached their maximum class level, any EXP gained will display as "EXP FULL" on the HUD.

PC REQUIREMENTS

The POBT will have the same requirements as the RV.

CHANGES FROM CBT

- Full screen mode compression can now be selected. (I'm not sure what this means. Not a PC person.)

- "Force Full Screen" mode is now available. (No idea on this as well)

- "Highest Framerate" settings are now available.

- Until open beta, a video-record function was available. However, due to it causing a multitude of problems, it has not been included in the POBT. (I'm not too sure about this one, the phrasing is strange)

ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS

The POBT has been optimized in a variety of ways that makes it similar to what RV has to offer.

Animations are now smoother. Additional adjustments will be made during RV if the need arises.

OFFICIAL NETWORK CAFE FUNCTIONS

The POBT is equipped with the same official network functions as the RV. Functions that we will never be able to use because most of us are not in Japan. I mean I may go occasionally but still...

Connection to the official network will grant magical freebies.

Although Cafe Points can be used in POBT, Premium Set tickets cannot be used.

Why did I even bother with this one?

DATA CARRY-OVER

POBT DATA WILL BE WIPED AFTER POBT.

OBT DATA WILL CARRY OVER INTO RELEASE.

THAT IS ALL.

FINAL BITS

Download of the Game client is free.

Basic play is free.

1 AC Shop Point = 1 Yen.

A Premium Set Ticket for 30 days is 1300 AC.

An AC Gacha Ticket is 200 AC and above.

All other AC items are 150 AC and above.

AC SHOP, DETAILED INFORMATION

As players have been informed thus far, Phantasy Star Online 2 is free-to-download, and free-to-play.

The AC shop offers to adapt to different players' playstyles, and give them the freedom of choice to purchase the services they would like to use.

- Story quests and quests will never be "Sold"

- Class Level and Play Time will never be limited by the AC Shop concept.

- Game-breaking high-end weapons will not be sold in AC Shops, or AC Scratch/ Gachas.

- FUN Scratch remains free.

- FUN Scratch goodies include: Room Goods, Music Discs, Lobby Actions, Items similar to AC Scratch (Bind on Pickup?).

AC SHOP ITEMS

AC shop items are not meant to be an end-all-be-all. Players can enjoy the game without paying for these items.

AC shop items are available as a choice that can be made by the player. Players buy what they wish to buy - This is PSO2's Pay-to-Play policy.

PREMIUM SET

30-DAY VARIANT: 1300 AC

60-DAY VARIANT: 2500 AC

90-DAY VARIANT: 3600 AC

The Premium Set contains items and features which make the game more convenient. It can be thought of as a "Premium Monthly Fee".

The set consists of:

1 X MY ROOM LICENSE

1 X MY SHOP LICENSE

In addition, the following features will be added as part of the set:

- Premium Storage Facility (300 Slots added)

- Item Trade ability (Players without Premium Trading can still receive some kinds of recovery items)

- Access to Premium Blocks

- FUN Point gain will be increased

IN ADDITION:

- Players who wish to use MY ROOM and MY SHOP for free are able to obtain a 3-day License from FUN Scratch/ Gacha.

- Even if a player does not have a Room License, they are still able to enter other player's rooms.

- My Shop, My Room, and Storage Extension Licenses are available separately for 700 AC each.

AC SCRATCH/ GACHA

AC Scratch Ticket: 200 AC
AC Scratch GOLD Ticket: 500 AC

AC Scratch items are not items required to play the game. They will also not alter battle performance in any way, unless you perform better with magically awesome costumes for some reason.

AC Scratch items are items than enhance a players' gaming experience. We are totally not trying to make you spend tons of money to get that elusive maid costume.

- AC SCRATCH CONTAINS:

PARTS
COSTUMES
HAIRSTYLES
ACCESSORIES
ADDITIONAL VOICES
ADDITIONAL LOBBY ACTIONS
BOOST ITEMS
GRINDERS
MAG RAISING ITEMS

- AC GOLD SCRATCH CONTAINS:

PARTS
COSTUMES

It is also 2.5 times more expensive.

OTHER ITEMS

ADDITIONAL CHARACTER SLOT: 500 AC
BACKPACK EXPANSION ITEM: 300 AC +++
CONSUMABLE ITEMS: 150 AC +++

More specific details of individual items will be available after actual release.

Information will be available on the player's site.

OTHER NEWS

Upon the POBT, NHN Japan's Internet Game Portal Site, "Hangame" 's services have been enlisted.

The Hangame version will be available on the 15th of June, 2012.

I dont' think this concerns the overseas community at all.

It mainly concerns people who use this service.

FINAL NEWS

Sakai and his magical friends acknowledges that the Pre-Open test will only be carried out over a very short period of time.

However, he wishes to remind all players that the purpose of POBT is ONLY to sort out network problems which arose during CBT.

If all goes well during POBT, OBT itself will occur WITHIN ONE WEEK from the end of POBT.

In other words, Sakai and friends wishes to proceed on with the OBT ASAP.

He also apologizes to fans who were unable to make it for the tight POBT timeframe, and hopes for the cooperation of all players so that POBT's network testing can go smoothly.

FINAL NEWS

Lastly, he has included concept art of PORORI, which can be viewed here:

http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/image-11272...34845.html

Info on the "FROST FIELD" is also available on a variety of gaming sites.

One such as...

BONUS TRANSLATION: FROST FIELD

http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120604025/

This site.

Why am I doing this?

Because I can.

INTRODUCTION: FROST FIELD

The Frost Field is a frosted area enveloped in frost and ice on the planet Naberius.

It opens up after a forested area ends.

From the peaceful atmosphere of a forest, one is suddenly surrounded by a canvas of white.

In this unforgiving environment a variety of primitive, but strong lifeforms survive, waiting to ambush players in the wailing snowstorms.

ENEMIES: FROST FIELD

Snow Panther

- A species of agile and strong predators. Their size is only dwarfed by the immense destructive abilities of their claws.

Snow Banshee

- A variety of Snow Panther. Apparently often found with them in ambush packs.

De Mammoth

- A large species of frost field creature. It swings its large trunk around to attack. Although they are usually gentle, they have recently changed to become more territorial and aggressive.

Mammoth

- A large species of frost field creatures. The juvenile version of De Mammoths, a simple charge from them can still deal a lot of damage.

King Yeti

- A species abundant in the frost fields. covered by thick fur, it shrugs off lesser attacks. Able to move quickly despite its size, it hurls ice blocks and rolls towards its prey in a ball to attack.

Yeti

- A species abdundant in the frost fields. The juvenile version of King Yetis, it is covered in strong fur. They often move in packs, and attack by hurling ice blocks.

TRANSLATION END: 2127

Yay!

We're done!

Congratulations for reading this far.

Q&A Section

Yes, we have to have one of these.

Tradition, you know.

How do we know this is accurate?

This is accurate to the best of my abilities. Barring syntax structure and the occasional rephrasing, everything should more or less be a direct translation of what Sakai and his magical friends mentioned on the official blog.

I don't make stuff up.

I'd like to profit from this, but no.

Even then I don't make stuff up.

Can we be magical friends in-game?

Yes, sure, why not.

Spend some time removing faces off things, then decorating rooms with whatever that's left of them.

What? That's technically what we do.

All. The. Time.

Why "Duchess"? You think you're royalty or something?

HA! I wish that were the origin of the name.

Let's just say it's not the name of a DOG...

But a CALLSIGN...

Can I contact you in-game for translation help?

Short answer?

I don't mind doing it once, or twice.

But.

Long answer?

The last time I offered my services I had a /tell or /whisper every minute or so, and I could not play the game at all. People would bitch about how unfriendly I was if I forgot to respond, and I really didn't appreciate having to deal with that.

So yes, I *CAN* help, but do remember that launcher damage has probably been rebalanced, and I am *probably* jumping around shelling something in the FACE.

So if I don't respond or FORGET to respond, it's not because I hate you - I'm playing the game too.

Afterword

I hope you have enjoyed the translation.

As the saying goes.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Unfortunately, now I feel like I need a golden necklace and some diamond rings, so excuse my absence as I venture out to procure them from well-dressed gentlemen of finer standing.

I shall see you fine folk again in the POBT.

Until then...

Yours in translation,

Duchess C.S. Werthers

2012年6月8日(金)

I expect nothing.

I hope no one expects anything of me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Teabags are a means of containment, not distribution."

Brewing Tea the British way, since Circa 1997
06-09-2012, 07:11 AM
RE: Translated: Pre Open-Beta Updates
Absolutely amazing thread. I really enjoyed reading it while hilariously enough drinking tea.

The main thing I'm looking forward to is the change in how levels are handled however I'm not exactly looking forward to the incredibly strict playtime. I will play though guys!
06-09-2012, 07:03 PM
RE: Translated: Pre Open-Beta Updates
Very nice translations. Thank you for the time and effort.