Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Closed Beta thread

04-22-2012, 03:34 PM
RE: Closed Beta thread
Why do you say that? I've actually been enjoying the beta quite a bit.
04-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Beta grew on me quite a bit actually, at first I absolutely hated the beta. And then I realized that board matter is completely optional and so are client orders other than the one's from koffie.
04-23-2012, 04:26 PM
I guess I was expecting more new content, but there's only one new area from alpha and you can only go there once a day. If the level cap was 30 and they let us test hard mode, it might be a [slightly] different story.

Honestly, now that I think about it: The game launching with only three planets available is a step backwards. PSO1 had four areas. They won't even top off a 13 year old game's available areas on release.

04-24-2012, 07:51 AM
They need to speed up level progression and make the matter board optional. Then this would be almost perfect.
04-24-2012, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2012 10:09 AM by GMcustom. Edit Reason: )
(04-24-2012 07:51 AM)Fyrus Wrote:  They need to speed up level progression and make the matter board optional. Then this would be almost perfect.

Matter Board is partially optional and there are EXP boosts in the cash shop

04-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Keep in mind that level progression is completely fine past 10.

We were originally keeping the a2 rates in beta but at 30, but we were kicked back into 20 to see how well we'd do with these new rates if I'm right. If SEGA's sane in the slightest they'll have realized that people's playtime to 20 is insane.
04-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Has anyone had any luck using partisans? I've tried them out a bit, but I don't really understand what I'm supposed to be doing.
04-29-2012, 10:15 PM
(04-27-2012 03:53 PM)Sensei-Hanzo Wrote:  Has anyone had any luck using partisans? I've tried them out a bit, but I don't really understand what I'm supposed to be doing.

Play it like a faster sword.

05-01-2012, 12:34 PM
I guess what I'm confused about is which PAs to use and when to use them. I think I figured out a pretty good set for sword, which is as follows:

1. Stun Conside: You can use this to pretty much stunlock any normal enemy to death. Just do stun > normal attack > normal attack > repeat and they never get a chance to do anything. Especially useful against the shield enemies in the volcano since the stun goes through their shield and they can't block while stunned.
2. Rising Edge: Does decent damage and can be used for single-target crowd control, but mainly useful in boss fights when you can get your gear up and charge it pretty much instantly.
3. Twister Fall: This is probably the one that's most up for debate. I originally had this here to combo into out of Rising Edge, but the more I use it the more I realize that it's more of a utility PA for the knockup than it is a damage-dealing PA. I'd replace it with Cruel Throw if the throw part of it actually affected bosses. Never got a chance to mess around with the bladebeam PA too much, so I dunno how effective that would've been here.

So yeah, I was able to analyze sword PAs to that degree, but as much as I experimented with partisans I couldn't really come up with any logical order or reason for using any of the PAs. The big spinny one probably seems like the best because it does so much damage over an area, but...idk. Also, using the twirly thing to regain gear bars is weird and kind of unwieldy.
05-01-2012, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 05:02 PM by GMcustom. Edit Reason: )
For Partisan, I used "5 swing slash(dont know the name) > Trick Rave > Twirl(dont know the name)"

For Sword, I ran rising edge/nova strike > sonic boom > sonic boom