04-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Closed Beta thread
You guys know what's up.

04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
RE: Closed Beta thread
4 moah hours!
04-19-2012, 04:36 PM
If you haven't been paying attention, there is a patch. You should update your clients as soon as possible if you want to be up to speed for the launch.

[Image: ring_red-s.gif] PHANTASY STAR ONLINE
It is meaningless to remain unchanged in an everchanging world
Discover your future and free yourself from an endless cycle
Let the four winds help you create your own destiny
04-19-2012, 11:24 PM
For random info, there's a minor translation patch:

http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t...1183#p1182
04-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Lagacy Lag Online 2

04-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm sure you've all had a little taste of PSO2 by now; What are your thoughts on the matter?

Here's what I think:
Hunters > Nerfed: 'Gear' is now a passive skill and requires a large investment of SP. It is unavailable early on in the game. The spread out skill tree makes it harder to spec in multiple weapon types.

Forces > Cards are fun and slightly tactical now. Proper usage of this weapon can be very entertaining to watch. Techniques have received a nice graphical update. Charged Techs are still a bit too rewarding compared to uncharged Techs.

Classes Overall > Skill tree progression makes little sense and has you leveling passives pertaining to actives before you're able to grab the actives.

Maps > Very detailed and feels a bit more varied in block randomization. The city map is fun and really keeps you on your feet with all the hazards and gimmicks. The music is fantastic of course.

New Lobby > A very nice improvement from the previous lobby. It does a great job showing how the Arks live. The background is a lot more detailed and filled out.

Symbol Chat > The colours in the editor didn't match the colours of the actual symbol chat art. This could just be my monitor or a bug. A very nice throwback to the old PSO days. There is a lot more freedom now with layers, transparency, and colour sliders, but most of the fun of the old Symbol chat was coming up with all those creative compositions under the restrictions.

Cash Shop > Too much gambling for things you want. deleting a character without any AC to remake a new one could effectively lock the account. Could potentially be a bit too Pay2Bgreat.

That's all I care to share for now, thank you.

[Image: ring_red-s.gif] PHANTASY STAR ONLINE
It is meaningless to remain unchanged in an everchanging world
Discover your future and free yourself from an endless cycle
Let the four winds help you create your own destiny
04-21-2012, 01:22 AM
I haven't taken too much time to examine the new skill tree yet, but I was pretty surprised when I saw that gear is now in three skills. Also, if you want to use different weapons you can always buy multiple skill pages.

New lobby is pretty awesome. I guess my only complaint right now is that if you go out and look at the city over the edge of the shop area, the buildings don't look very good imo :x

Single best thing you can buy in the cash shop is upgrading your inventory to 100 slots. And yeah, I don't really like the scratch card system that much. That could potentially be a huge money sink to get the one thing you want. I'm not sure if there's, like, an exception for deleting the last character on your account or not. Has anyone tried that?

Also, it doesn't seem like it from what I've heard, but has anyone figured out how to get past the forest? I'm trying to complete client orders and fill out the matter board as much as I can, but I still don't have any volcano quests. I just got to level 10 and unlocked the mag license client order, so maybe that will unlock it...? Even if that's the key, that's way too much forest grinding just to unlock the next area. For those who are wondering, the mag license client order is given by the person who's to the right of the door to the campship. I'm not sure if you just need to get to level 10 or if you have to complete some other client orders first as well.
04-21-2012, 03:11 PM
All right, so I think I've found some stuff out. The key to both advancing past the forest and obtaining your mag are in the free run forest quest thing. I'm not sure when it gets unlocked, but at some point you can take a client order to gain the ability to do free runs of the forest. This order is given by コフィー, the person on the right at the counter to the right of where you board the campship. You can recognize this client order by the fact that it has three requirements: 1) complete the Dagan extermination mission for the forest in under 20 minutes, 2) complete the Rappy capture mission in under 20 minutes, and 3) collect two "forest observation devices". I don't know exactly where you get these from, but I didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to complete this objective. Anyway, once you complete that, you'll be able to do free runs of the forest. Complete a run of that once to unlock another client order that will give you access to the volcano. The requirement is completing a free run of the forest in under 20 minutes. As a note, volcano quests have a minimum level of 10.

As for getting a mag, the client order becomes available from that same person upon you reaching level 10. The requirements are for you to get two Rockbear horns. Rockbears are the big bear-like things in the forest with the orange crystals growing on them. As far as I know, the only place you can encounter these is in the forest free run. Like other order-related items, it will drop in a gold box. Once you have your two horns, complete the order and you will be granted a mag. Don't remember how to get to the mag from the menu, but you can press F4 to bring up the mag menu. Selecting your mag and then choosing the first option will let you feed your mag items. Selecting the third option (I think) will equip it. All I know about mag feeding is that feeding it melee weapons will increase melee attack power and skill. Mags evolve and gain a photon blast at level 50 and the max level is 99. Photon blasts are usable from the sub-palette, but I don't know where it gets mapped yet (my mag is only like level 8 or something).
04-21-2012, 04:38 PM
nvm I guess bumped.org has all this info plus more already: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-closed-be...ini-guide/
04-21-2012, 11:43 PM
IMO Alpha 2 shits on this version.